Thursday, October 4, 2012

Celebrating Ms. Karen 's decade of care at Touchstone Therapy!



  1. You touch the lives of children and their families every day.  What do you find to be the most meaningful or rewarding part of your work?  The most meaningful and rewarding part of my work is the connection I establish with the children and families.  My aim is to provide them the best care possible, be a resource and advocate for their needs, and help them see the strengths and beauty in their children!
  2. We have a very experienced staff.  What did you learn a long time ago that still benefits your practice today?  I have been practicing PT for 24 years.  I learned a long time ago that you approach your patient with a fresh start and new eyes each day, for they are always changing.  You try to make an improvement in their function in that moment and eventually progress will come!
  3. We have a unique setting for PTs.  What do you like most about our setting?  I have worked many places in town over the years.  What I like most about Touchstone Therapy is the warm, loving, welcoming, and kid-friendly atmosphere.  This setting is motivating for the children, although at times it might make this left-brained PT a little crazyJ  To outsiders, our facility might look like a big play area; however, Touchstone is fortunate to have one of the most experienced pediatric staffs around!
  4. Share your favorite quote.  My favorite quote is, “Be joyful, pray continually, and in all things give thanks.” 1Thes5:16-18.
  5. What is the advice that you most frequently give parents?  My advice that I like to give parents is to try not to look too far down the road, but instead take each day at a time.  Most importantly, STAY OFF THE INTERNET!  Many times the internet shows the worst case scenarios.  I also encourage my parents to come to me if they have question because the whole process can sometimes be overwhelming.
Ms. Karen is Touchstone Therapy's Clinical Supervisor and has been with us since 2002.  Happy PT Month, Ms. Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment