Ms. Vanessa never knew she'd know all the words to AND have to sing songs all day to be an OT!
Do you remember the words to Pop Goes the Weasel?
1. What do you love most about being an OT?
The thing I love most about being an OT is being able to celebrate with families as their children gain new skills and independence.
2. What do you love most about your job in our pediatric setting?
The thing I love most about working in a pediatric setting is that everyday is a new adventure! When you go to work in the morning you never know if you will be a pirate, a princess, or even a contestant on wipe out that day.
3. What is your favorite memory as an OT?
I have so many great memories as an OT. My favorites are always when a child graduates!
4. What have you learned working as a therapist that you didn't learn in college?
The words to every kids song!
5. What advice do you most often give to parents?
The advice I give to parents most often is to get their child up and moving while completing homework, not only does it motivate the child but it also help with retention.
Thanks, Vanessa! Happy OT Month!