Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ms. Keira Takes Play Seriously!

 

Look at her gracefulness, now! Having lived in Hawaii,

this is a very natural pose for Ms. Keira!



 


 What do you love most about your job in our pediatric setting?
What's not to love?! When I first learned about the profession, I
remember thinking I could play with kids all day AND get paid for it?
I'm in! After almost 7 years of being an OT, from the outside looking
in, that is still the case! :) I love how we make "play" therapeutic
for our kids and can work on functional skills in a fun, motivating
setting.


Share one of the funniest moments you've had with a client.
"If you can't laugh at yourself, life's gonna seem a whole lot longer
than you like." I still have to bust out laughing, as I think back to
the time a couple years ago when I somehow managed to fall off a
bolster swing while swinging literally 6 inches from the ground. I
think we needed to be working on my core stability rather than my
client's! His sweet mother attempted to stifle her laughter and
sympathize by telling me about a time that she fell nearly 20 years
ago (not like me who can't even keep track of my klutzy mishaps
anymore!). Unscathed, other than my pride, I have welcomed taking on
the middle name Grace. :)


Describe your favorite therapeutic activity.
Shaving cream fun! I love getting messy with shaving cream to draw, to
write, to explore, to enjoy!


Share your favorite quote?
Piglet:  "How do you spell love?"
Pooh:  "You don't spell it, you feel it."

What do you love most about being an OT?
Having a child be successful and independent in those areas of life
that matter most to him/her and their family. Graduating from OT is,
without a doubt, bittersweet as it is often the most gratifying and
the most difficult moments (transitions and goodbyes can be hard for
us too!)!

Ms. Keira nurtures both her clients and the staff at TT! Thank you Ms. Keira!  Happy OT Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment