Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Look at me now, Mom!

Elizabeth is in her 8th year of being an OT at Touchstone!

She's been busy having fun and doing what she was never allowed to as a child, all while helping children succeed!


We asked Elizabeth about her experience as an OT at Touchstone and she shared the following with us:
1. What do you love most about being an OT? My job is FUN! Also, I love how we can be creative and incorporate so many motivating activities to reach a client's goals.

2. What do you love most about your job in our pediatric setting? Watching our children grow, learn, and become independent with daily life skills. Also love jumping on the trampoline! (My mom never let me have one growing up!)

3. What is your favorite memory as an OT? A 2 year old client saying his first word during our session while performing the zip line.

4. What have you learned working as a therapist that you didn't learn in college? I have learned the majority of my knowledge since college, but the past four years have taught me the most by having my own children.

5. What is the funniest thing you've heard a child say? Singing "See ya, at Folger Kia" over and over and over, just to make me laugh and then to drive me nuts. I will never forget my Scott!

Thanks for eight great years, Elizabeth! Happy OT Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment