Friday, April 27, 2012

Meet Ms. Kristin! She's ready to help you, help your child!

Kristin is ready to help each of her clients

reach his or her peak!




1. What do you love most about being an OT? I love being an OT because I get to help people live their lives to the fullest! Whether a kid wants to be able to play on the playground with their friends or a family wants to be able to go out to eat at a noisy restaurant, I get to be a part of the team and figure out how to make it happen.


2. What do you love most about your job in our pediatric setting? I love the energy and the way of life at Touchstone. The bar is set high at Touchstone and you can see that the hard work pays off. It's awesome to see kids AND parents truly enjoy each Touchstone moment.


3. What is your favorite memory as an OT? I loved the moment when one of my most challenging kids with Autism got on a swing for the first time. He smiled and looked at me in the eyes! It was beautiful.


4. What have you learned working as a therapist that you didn't learn in college? I have learned that trusting my instincts is just as important as trusting my reference guides. I have also learned that tuition money can't buy the wonderful gift of experience and peer mentorship!


5. What advice do you most often give to parents? I like for parents to know that they have the ability to make a difference in their child, no matter what the challenge is. Parents know their child better than anyone, so don't ever sell yourself short!


Take Kristin's advice and trust your instincts!
Thanks, Kristin and Happy OT Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment