Monday, April 2, 2012

Just What is a Gooster?

Meet Rachel... She's active and silly and that's why she loves her job!!!





What do you love most about being an OT? I love how physically active a job being an OT is and how silliness is part of the job when you work in pediatrics.

What advice do you most often give parents?  Become a regular at your local playgrounds.

Share one of the funniest moments you've had with a client.  I once had a child identify a puzzle piece of a barnyard bird as a "GOOSTER".  The term has stuck to this day and I can often be heard calling any fowl a Gooster.

Favorite quote?  "I DID IT!"...as said by any child who learns a new skill.

Community Recommendations?  I really love the NC Raptor Center, Inner Peaks rock climbing for older kids, Crowder's Mountain for hiking, and the US National Whitewater Center.  Anything that gets the whole family active and outside is a favorite of mine!


Thanks Rachel, and Happy OT Month!



No comments:

Post a Comment