What a great activity to work on finger strength, dexterity, color identification and matching! Thank you, Julia V. for sharing this great DIY fine motor activity!
Julia used the following materials:
- A wooden ruler
- Paint (your choice). I like that Julia used colors beyond the traditional primary colors!
- Traditional clothespins (super cheap!)
- A black Sharpie
- Julia painted the ruler into approximately one inch sections using a variety of colors. It will probably take two coats.
- She separated the colors by a black line.
- She painted clothespins to match. You could do 2 clothespins for each color, one for each side of the ruler.
It's that simple! Watch for more clothespin activities and
share your favorite clothespin games!